Sunday, August 29, 2010

Enlightenment

Change is difficult. No, that's an understatement. Change is brutal. It knocks us flat off our feet, takes away everything familiar and shoots us out into something new whether we're ready for it or not. And most of the time, looking back, we'll see how completely worth it that change was. How that change was coming all along and how necessary it was to get where we see ourselves going in this life. That we really were ready for it, we just didn't know it at the time.

It has taken me a long while to get to this point. To the point where I'm ready for what's next. I've battled myself, I've battled time, I've battled others. All in an effort to stop change. I've tried so hard to put a hold on things, afraid to give my control up to fate. Afraid to lose all that is familiar and embrace the new. And all along it seems that I was only trying to walk backwards on a moving walkway. Time continued on. The world kept with its spinning. I was moving without even knowing it.

And now that my head has caught up with my feet, I realize that it was never about being sure of what I want. I was always sure. I am confident in everything that I have ever dreamed a possibility for myself. I know who I am as a person. I have a good soul and a lot of love to offer this world. I keep my heart out in plain sight and that's the way I like it.

So let's take the leap together. The world won't wait on us. We have to take it in our hands and mold it into everything we ever dreamed. Let us run in the direction it is taking us. Hell, let us skip, jump and laugh too.

Why wait? It won't get us anywhere.

1 comment:

andrew james campbell said...

HI pretty lady -- i was working on some stuff and googled coffee and chaos and you came up #1 -- now coffee is a popular item and chaos is all the rage -- maybe you need to google nobel prize and prigogine - before breakfast - if you want to tango....sure.