Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day and Night

I stayed awake last night to finish reading Her Fearful Symmetry and before I knew it, it was 5:30AM and the sun was on its way up. I watched the sunrise with my coffee in hand and then embarked on an early morning run. The weather was beautiful when I left, only 69 degrees. By the time I was back at my house, it had gone up ten degrees. Still beautiful but hot and humid.


My runs have been going well. I'm running with much more ease these days and am trying to listen to my body when it tells me to take a day off. My lower back has been bothering me for the last few days because of the minor difference in the lengths of my legs. I think I have finally fixed the issue though by putting a small insert into my left shoe under the heel. My weight seems to be more evenly distributed now when my feet hit the ground. My goal is to try and increase my running pace over the next few weeks. I would like to be able to pull an eight or nine minute mile.

There were some delicious vegan eats in my life today. For lunch, I had leftover Chinese vegetable bean curd (tofu) with rice. I ended up adding some sweet and spicy barbecue sauce to the mix (sounds gross but it wasn't, I swear) because the remaining food I had left was a bit dry. It turned out really delicious.


For dinner, I had a break from cooking, as my mother decided to make a vegan-friendly meal. She had purchased some TVP (textured vegetable protein) for me a few weeks ago and decided to use it tonight in a spicy red bean and rice dish. Besides the TVP, red beans, and brown rice, we also mixed in onion, cayenne pepper, and a bit of garlic for flavoring. Yum! Good job, Mom!


And that's about it for today. I'm moving on to reading a new book tonight and am going to try my hardest to sleep and wake up for another early morning run. Hope this finds you well.

No comments: